03 September 2009

She passed at 10:56 PM this evening





I’ve had my views on euthanasia changed
by JanZ
09/02/2009, 11:11 AM #

This also includes assisted suicide, watching my wife literally rot away before my eyes these last four weeks and have to see her suffer so and deteriorate to the point where she’s just laying there much like Terry Shivo in a semi comatose state loaded up on pain killers and not even aware of her surroundings is terrible.


She could have benefited from an end of life counseling session to help her face the reality of her death. We don’t let our pets suffer like this why in the hell do we do it to those humans we love and care so much for suffer beyond human endurance?


And for the record our hospice people are rescuing angels and I really don’t know how I’d cope with all this and care for Joyce without them.


Mercifully the doctor and nurses think she’s only got a very few days left to suffer, I can only hope she’s taken sooner rather than later, this is the hardest thing I’ve ever done and the worst I’ve ever had to endure as there’s so little I can do to really help her besides try to make her comfortable in her passing.
----------------

A thank you to the Fray community
by JanZ
09/06/2009, 10:21 AM #

Just a simple heartfelt thank you to all of you for your kind words about Joyce and her passing.

The last 5-6 weeks and especially the last 24 hours were very hard for her and us as she fought death right up until the end.

I was by her side the whole way and she died with me holding her hand telling her I loved her and it was ok to let go so her suffering could end. Mercifully she passed peacefully with myself, our daughter and the two muts she loved so much by her side.

There's a big empty spot in my heart and the house seems terribly empty, luckily there are lots of important things to do on the backside of her passing so I won't be sitting around feeling sorry for myself.

Hell If I need some excitement I can always drop by here and do a post praising Anne Coulter, Hannity, or Limburger and start a fight. (Grin)

Again a sincere thanks to all


Jan Z

No comments:

Post a Comment