11 December 2008

Today my partner and I celebrate 20 years together...

Today my partner and I celebrate 20 years together...
by
butterscotch
12/11/2008, 8:59 AM
#

This post isn't about anything other than letting the world (well, at least this little dot-of-a-part of the world) know that my partner and I are celebrating 20 years together. We are more in love than we ever have been. We have faced many challenges over the years, but have kept the fact that we know that our lives are to be shared until the day we die as the focus for when things got a little stressful.

We feel competely lucky to have "found" each other at a Ministry concert back in 1988. Since that night, we haven't been apart for more than one week at a time. We share everything from musical tastes, clothing size to our love of art and photography. In fact, the only thing we do not share is my love for baseball and football. I think that is a pretty amazing thing that we are so compatible in so many ways.

We are completely alike yet completely different. We are able to complet each other in a yin-yang since of life. I feel so lucky to have someone that I adore to share my life with each and every day.

We don't know if we would ever get married if the legal option were to be available to us. Our life isn't about "things"...it's about "us". I think that is what defines our relationship. We have been able to adapt and grow in a way that many of our friends and relatives have not when it comes to their personal relationships.

We are thankful for each day we have together and celebrate each and every one of those days together TODAY...twenty years of lovely days all culminated into today's feelings of accomplishment and celebration!

Here's wishing you all love, hope and understanding with someone who "gets you" each and every day of your life!
butterscotch

No comments:

Post a Comment