07 December 2005

Appy Answers a Fray Survey...

Subject: Whenever someone does one of these
From: apollonius_
Date: Dec 7 2005 4:50PM


they never get what they are asking for because most people here have trouble telling the truth about each other on a wider spread. Everyone can agree that Baltimore Aureole is, at the same time, one of the stupidest and most dishonest of posters but when you get into putting your feelings into print then it stands as a record of something you could have kept to yourself and not said. How do you tell someone who is not your friend about a limitation that will offend their vanity?

I am in a unique position regarding this since those who actively dislike me will not be swayed in any respect and the reverse is also true; so I will play your game and be the first to actually ever do something like this where both cons and pro's are stated; primarily because I believe, as did Crowley and Alice that you are all just a pack of cards. No, I really believe that.

At the same time I enjoy cards and I am entertained by and even occasionally admire people who can't stand me. I try not to let someone's opinion of me automatically create the same in myself. You lose a lot that way. It's a given that no one here really knows anyone else; except in cases where a poster might be fence-post dumb or insanely supportive of improbable things. You still may not know them entirely but you can be fairly sure you never want to.

The other down side is the people you didn't list who think you should have- that's why fixed numbers don't work; mnore so because things work on a curve.


- Who are the five smartest?

Disclaimer- there is a difference between smart and well-informed but I'll just combine them according to perception. In no particular order;

Low Dudgeon
Ducadmo
IOZ
Inwitness
Chango
Theodore Geisel
Fritz Gerlich

I know that's 7 but I cannot add any if I add less



- Who are the five dumbest?

Baltimore Aureole
_Bandit
Gringo
Ele_

There are only four that I consider really stupid and you have to understand that I consider 'clueless' an expression of stupid. Stupid is as stupid does?



- Who are the five most original?

Catnapping- for her poetry
Me- I don't think anyone can argue with that.
IOZ
Sarvis
Urquhart



- Who are the five most likely to crib their topic

I don't understand the question well enough to answer it.

(if not content) from another source?



- Who are the five best (disciplined, effective) debaters?

Hauteur
Demonsthenes
Ducadmo
Low Dudgeon
Fritz Gerlich
Theodore Geisel




- Which five are most likely to toss a smoke bomb and then run?

That's too ambiguous because they do and they don't




- Which five are the most mature and articulate?
You can't combine mature and articulate- I'm living proof of that, so I'm going to answer it as mature and measured

Monfort
Gemini
Theodore Geisel
Ducadmo
Low Dudgeon
Splendid IREny
Demosthenes



- Which five remind you of impetuous children?

Denny
_Bandit
locdog
Ele_
Baltimore Aureole




- Which five would you want to share a beer with?

IOZ
Switters
Butterscotch
Catnapping
Hauteur
Inwittness
Chango
Low Dudgeon
Ducadmo
Gemini


come immediately to mind but this listing includes just about everyone and those whom I named I have either a personal fondness for or I am impressed with their intelligence or entertainment postential; mostly the latter




- Whicih five wold you actually probably despise in real life?

Gimmie Coffee
Gringo
Baltimore Aureole
Gregor Samsa
Schadenfreude

I could have added to this listing; I took the immediate impressions and I left out posters who would have been terribly injured to find out what I think. So you can never be completely honest. As far as what I mentioned I believe I am mostly correct.

Now feelings will get hurt but since I am routinely left off most positive lists of every type whenever they happen and since it doesn't bother me it shouldn't bother you.


one final category- funniest and most entertaining-

Switters
Bullshit Detector
Sarvis
Low Dudgeon
IOZ
Inwittness


Also you should have had "best comeback and skewer artist"

http://fray.slate.com/?id=3936&m=16353162

No comments:

Post a Comment