13 July 2005

Recurring Nightmare...

Subject: Kevin, if you would? url#m=15104119
From: Tempo-La-Poete
Date: Jul 13 2005 12:36PM

Another poster, without either asking me or telling me, has posted my poem "N" (for Nightmares) on the Poems Fray, when I posted it intentionally on the BOTF yesterday. I believe he thinks he is making some sort of statement by doing so?

The text of my original Top Post (found at url#m=15103306) will explain my thinking, I believe.

I do not feel that such Fray behavior is appropriate and hope you will consider removing Mr. "Ndr's" posting of MY poem.

Actually, I believe such behavior to be far worse than "inappropriate" but that is up to you to decide, of course.

Thank you for your consideration.


(Con)Tempo


Subject: I'm thinking that if
From: EnsleyHill
Date: Jul 14 2005 6:20PM

Kevin replied to your request you wouldn't like what you read. Ender posted your poem, complete with your own editorial comments, and without posting any editorial comments of his own, which would presumably serve your own purposes for posting it. Say thank you and move on.

Secondly, I've lost track of how many posts I've read where you are trying to coerce posters into posting to your posts. That is unseemly and annoying. Can't you see that? It is much more gratifying to have hits from those who wonder over of their own volition.

Posts such as your "N" poem should stand upon their own merits, and not bleed over into side-issues that only detract from the stated purpose.


Subject: You're probably right, which would just prove
From: Tempo-La-Poete
Date: Jul 14 2005 7:00PM

what an execrable excuse for an "Editor" he actually is. An opinion that one sees multiplying daily, like the proverbial rabbit. You've said it yourself, how many times, while chastising him for his infamous unfairness and blatant favoritism. IF anyone else had done that, besides one of KA's notorious favorites, that post of E's would probably have been pulled. And I can guarantee you that Moira AND JDConnor would have yanked it, immediately. GUARANTEE.

What E. did was ethically INexcusable and if it had happened to you, Ensley, I wonder if you would just say "Thank you" and slink away, hat in hand.
Would you? Please answer honestly.

WHY should I thank him? You know, as well as I do, what he thinks of me, and thus, that his motives had to be impure. WERE he a poster who thinks well of me and who hasn't devoted THREE-FOUR YEARS of his Fray-life to slamming me, obviously, I might feel differently as I posted to someone earlier today, on the PFRAY.

As to the latter behavior that seems to bother you so much, why do you CARE? (I see some Fray-behaviors of yours that I'm not wild about, but I don't call them out.)
I know a ton of people around here, I post too much as we all know, and I can't count on them seeing every post I make. People actually THANK ME for such "heads-up," Ensley, believe it or not.

You may not, which is your right & your business, but others do.

With some people around here, I'm just "damned if I do and damned if I don't," and sometimes you are one of those people. No? I could stop that behavior immediately and NEVER repeat it, and it would (still)follow me for years. You KNOW that, E.

By the way, it is a sign of my respect and affection for you that I am taking my time to respond and to give you a serious answer. Please don't dictate to me how to behave, Ensley. I don't like it when men do that to me. Most women don't (like it, that is).
Most women also don't dictate or lecture in that way.

Thank you,

Tempo


Subject: I replied because you said
From: EnsleyHill
Date: Jul 14 2005 7:32PM

you wanted comments about it. I gave you sincere comments about it.


"What E. did was ethically INexcusable and if it had happened to you, Ensley, I wonder if you would just say "Thank you" and slink away, hat in hand.
Would you? Please answer honestly"

--You don't have to wonder about my reactions. Check out the top post in which Ender editorializes a bunch of my past comments and also check out my responses in that thread. The difference being that in your case he reposted something that you yourself are promoting at the present time.

--So what of it, whatever his motives are? If he is posting something you are evidently proud of, what's the problem?

--You resent people lecturing or trying to influence your posting??? Then stop doing it yourself! No one respects the posting liberties of others any more than I do, nor any less than you do! Your attempts to influence, even control, other posters, is legendary.


"With some people around here, I'm just "damned if I do and damned if I don't," and sometimes you are one of those people. No? I could stop that behavior immediately and NEVER repeat it, and it would (still)follow me for years. You KNOW that, E. "

False. I so rarely bring up past postings/posting behaviors, even under provocation, that I doubt if you could find an example. Memories on the Fray, in general, are short-lived, with rare exceptions. Poor posting practices, once ceased, seldom become issues.
The issues I addressed in my post to you are all current.

As to the latter behavior that seems to bother you so much, why do you CARE? (I see some Fray-behaviors of yours that I'm not wild about, but I don't call them out.
I know a ton of people around here, I post too much as we all know, and I can't count on them seeing every post I make. People actually THANK ME for such "heads-up," Ensley, believe it or not.

I'll use one of Ghassan's favorite words here: disingenuous. Your preoccupation with hitcounts, rather than discourse, do your posts a disservice. I'm not talking about a casual heads-up. Does everyone need a heads-up? Can no one read, you figure, even when it's there on the front page?

Feel free to call out any and all of my bad habits.

My point: there is no reason at all why Ender's post should be pulled. You still haven't thanked him for the free publicity.


Subject: "There is no reason at all why..."
From: Tempo-La-Poete
Date: Jul 14 2005 7:46PM

Sorry, have to disagree again. There were TONS of reasons for it to be pulled. Motivation, and lack of courtesy, PRIMARY among them. It is NOT something that is done, frankly.

Btw, the post has been pulled. (See dtat2's post, above, and I just checked it out. It's gone.0

I've already addressed all the points in your response post, I believe, so will say, with respect,

Goodnight Ensley,


T.


Subject: He should not have deleted it.
From: EnsleyHill
Date: Jul 14 2005 8:30PM

Which harks back to some of my earlier comments summarized in the post Ender did about me.

Good night.


Subject: RE: But he did.
From: Tempo-La-Poete
Date: Jul 14 2005 8:33PM

Ah, I think I get it now, your thinking here.

But as so often with your comments, am not totally sure.

Goodnight, Ensley.


T.

No comments:

Post a Comment